The mission of San Juan College is to inspire and support life-long learning to achieve personal and community goals by providing quality education, services, and cultural enrichment.
San Juan College will be an innovative, dynamic learning college built on mutual respect, meaningful participation and a collective commitment to students, the community and the core values of a comprehensive community college.
San Juan College is committed to serving the needs of our students and the community through a process of continuous quality improvement. We uphold and affirm the following core values:
Innovation – we value...
- Thinking creatively
- Examining and improving procedures
- Initiating strategic change
- Sharing new ideas
- Maximizing technology
Collaboration – we value...
- Open communication
- Collective wisdom
- Inclusive decision-making
- Relationship building
- Partnering to create new opportunities
Accountability – we value...
- Sound fiscal stewardship
- Responsibility and commitment
- Assessing and meeting community needs
- Assessment that leads to improvement
- Clarity of expectations
- Evidence-based decision making
Respect – we value...
- Student centered learning
- Diverse peoples, perspectives, cultures and life circumstances
- Environmental and economic sustainability and responsibility
Excellence – we value...
- Meeting and exceeding expectations
- Modeling and developing best practices
- Continuous improvement
- On-going professional development
(Approved by San Juan College Board of Trustees, May 3, 2011)