Disability Services banner
Disability Services

Contact Us

Office Hours
Monday - Friday, 8am-5pm
Thursday, closed 8am-9am
Educational Services Building
Located in Advising & Counseling
Room 4114
(505) 566-3271
(505) 566-3643 Tech Lab
(505) 566-4408 Fax
Send an email 


San Juan College was founded with the commitment that anyone with a desire to succeed should have access to education.

Our Disability Services team is committed to ensuring that students with disabilities have the same access as other SJC students to the variety of educational programs, opportunities, and activities offered at SJC. Our approach is to coordinate our services with you, faculty, and staff to remove any barriers to learning you might encounter while maintaining the highest level of academic integrity. 

Our vision is to be a resource to SJC employees and all members of the community by promoting access and disability awareness through workshops, resources, and outreach.

Let us help you!

Contact our Disability Services Coordinator to check your eligibility for disability services. Once you have been approved, we will be happy to provide reasonable and appropriate accommodations, set you up with adaptive technologies, and determine if there are other services we can offer you.

New students can fill out the Request for Services form to start the intake process and current students must fill out the Request for Accomodations form to continue or renew their services every semester they attend.


show all

Disability Services FAQs

Where is the Disability Service Office located?
What is a disability?
How can the Disability Services help me?
What does the term “accommodation” mean?
Who is eligible for services and "reasonable accommodation"?
How do I request Disability Services?
What can I expect from the intake appointment?
What forms do I need to bring for the initial meeting?
Does SJC provide or fund evaluations to determine if I have a disability?
Who will know that I have a disability?
What types of services and/ or accommodations are offered to Disability Services Students?
What is my role in making accommodations work?
Do I have to request accommodations each semester?
Do I have to pay for the assistive technology that I need?
Is there a due date for the Request for Services Form?
Why does my friend have the accommodation of extended test time but I don’t?
I have a disability but don’t need any accommodations. Do I need to notify the Disability Services Office?
How do instructors know I have accommodations?
I have the letters of accommodations to give to my instructors but I don’t think I need them for one of my classes. Do I still have to give them to the instructor?
I have a temporary injury that impacts my learning. Can I get accommodations?
Does the Disability Services Office provide tutoring?
I’m a dual credit student with an IEP (Individual Educational Plan) or 504 Plan. Doesn’t the college have to follow it?
Are there “special ed classes or “pull outs” in college?
I am having a hard time in my classes because English is not my primary language. Can I get accommodations?
What should I do if my accommodation needs are not being met?
What should I do if I have an academic dispute with my professor?
What should I do if I believe I’ve experienced discrimination because of my disability?
I have a disability but wanted to try classes without accommodations and now my grades are low. Can I get accommodations retroactively?
Are waivers or substitutions of courses that are required by SJC possible?
Could I be considered “too disabled” to attend SJC?
I need to take placement or licensing exams proctored by an outside agency. What do I need to do to obtain accommodations for these tests?
Do you have a question or concern that you don’t see listed here?